12-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #42
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
any word back on that ETA? yeah, your right, the original cams are pretty darn good too

in regards to the flywheel and such, my mate has just gone back to stock flywheel from one of those race UUC flywheels due solely to the noise and chatter.. (think dry clutch duke x 5)

its bloody noisy...
The THIRD lower just came in yesterday and he looked over it, the did a very good job on shipping this unit and they will begin working on the car NLT Tuesday next week.

Did your buddy grab just the flywheel or the flywheel AND the new clutch assembly? My understanding is that they make a huge difference when they are paired together but apart they can cause some serious chatter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
contact george aka gmd s/c owner... found an oem clutch build to withstand higher forces. this is the one id go with!
I'm assuming you're referring to gmd2003? I'll gladly give him a shout and talk with him about clutches, I really do not have enough knowledge here, and thank you!

After neglecting to dig around, I believe I have found the two most comprehensive guides and Georges as well as pokeybritches write ups. They have been immensely helpful in understanding what to expect with lighter flywheels and organic clutch assemblies.

Both threads are here:
(http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938750)
(http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1092418)

And I seriously can't thank them enough for taking the time to speak to their experiences.

I sourced an organic and light weight flywheel combo from UUC and I'm rather excited about it. I think that I will end up being one of the few with it and I'm confident in the decision to go forward with it. I will for sure write up my experiences with the new set up and mods to continue other's purchases in the future.

I've heard some bad things about UUC and other's experiences which I would like to hear more about, but for the time being, I feel I've sort of committed to their product so far. Again, should anyone have definitive advice to suggest not using their products, I would sincerely appreciate the intel.

Last edited by Arsonism; 12-03-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0