View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #37
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I bought a modified section 2 from a forum member with the O2 and EGR placed in the Euro Cat position, and an actual Euro cat from Donovan (two cars, two solutions). Since the forum member did a great job with the fabrication and welding, and ran it for quite a few miles with no issues, I was confident in going that route. Same with the Euro cat. Beta just had his Euro header and cat pass smog in CA, so we know it works from all angles.

Ocha's sims didn't pan out IIRC. And those who have spliced wires to extend the secondary O2 wiring have run into issues as well. The ECU is very picky.

I'm not sure if anyone has got a tuner to turn off the secondary, and if so, in doing so left the car "ready" from an OBDII perspective. Like Intg8r said, our ECU isn't the same as the E46 M3, so we can't assume an M3 solution will work (ask those who have tried to tune this car for turbo or supercharger--it's totally different).

After I found the parts I was looking for I stopped looking, so beyond the modified section 2 and real Euro cat I'm afraid I'm not a great resource.
Ron, install that stuff or drop them at my house so I can at least add something on this topic to the forum....................................please
Appreciate 0