Thread: HPDE musings
View Single Post
      08-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Recap of my three-day weekend at LCMT (Tremblant)

First things first. The Boston BMW Club and their Bimmers Across the Border XII was great. We got perfect weather ranging from 6 to 19 degrees celcius. Quite comfortable.

Friday was a hoot with the open track format.
Saturday we worked on late and very-late passing situations. There was more traffic so I didn't get to challenge my 2 minute lap time. We are defended to time our laps at the event but in the evening, I review the footage taken with my GoPro Camera to check lap times.
On Sunday, I again got close with 2' 01" on a couple of occasions. I worked on driving off-line at all corners and running through the marbles.

I am at the level where costs of this habit will start climbing fast.
I need to swith my front tires (re-mounting, re-balancing) since the outer left side of my front driver side tire is worn too much.
I have to start thinking of:

Racing seats
Harness (4 or 5 point)
Extinguisher
Camber kit
Coilovers
Sway brace
Cryogenic brake rotors
Track brake pads
New tires

Now if I go R-comps (half the guys in the advanced group had them) I will need to think of renting a tow vehicle and a race trailer. R-comps would be fun but I want to keep learning with the High Performance street tires. But I getting closer and closer to the R-comps.

Tremblant has become my home track. I have been there 9 times (track days) now. Will be going there again on August the 21st and 22nd.

Anybody have suggestions on how to keep getting the car and me better gradually? In what order should I do these next improvments?
Appreciate 0