01-20-2020, 08:32 PM   #38
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rueyme View Post
Is the tekacarbon ones molded from carbon fiber and not an overlay? I have them on backorder from the company, the cost is coming out less than this group buy so I'm wondering which is a better deal.
I haven't seen the tekacarbon ones so I can't comment.

From experience, it's probably an overlay since the screw holes are very tiny to hold the mirror motors and it is simply impossible (cost & time wise) to make CF that way.

To make housing with that kind of precision (inner vertical cylinder to accept tiny screws), unless one is to make ten's of thousands of them, it's simply not economical.

The OE housing might used to be cheap.

Buy them in bulk, do overlay and sell them could work.

As our chassis, get older, OE parts are less and less available everyday.

At $100 a of pair now (last time I checked), and that's whatever stock is left in the world, it's simply not a feasible model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intentional Brown Stain View Post
I am on the fence on this.

Btw @ZedD4Mr, how is aero style side rocket panel project? Is there a direct fit "sturdy fiberglass" option for the coupe?
We are working on it.. It'll be fiberglass. (unless some wants Carbon Fiber)

Fitment will be spot on like all our products but plug n play will be a tall order.. different mounting method will be needed most likely.

If there's enough demand on the Aero side skirt in this manner, we will make it a priority..

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 1