View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #56
m5m3mc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M-B C63

Here's the old setup and the new Odyssey 34R installed. I used the long clamp bolt in the original threaded hole sans clamp and pulled the battery towards the back so the terminal is rear of the trunk trim to expose the positive clamp for easier future sound system modifications. The battery is a tight fit vertically - the positive terminal was about 1/16" taller than that black wrap-over locating brace and required some prying to maneuver the battery into place. The body of the battery clears the brace so it can be easily slid front and back, but just. YMMV with any other brand of 34R. Also, I had to slide a plastic sheet underneath the battery on one side to level it. You cannot reuse the foam block that houses the inflation kit as there is no longer room but I had removed it earlier anyway. There appears to be plenty of room for a 15" battery front to rear.

edit: Someone asked me to clarify whether I retained the black battery under tray as seen in the top two photos and the answer is "yes." Removing it would make the installation much easier and eliminate the problem of the reinforcing ribs on the bottom of the battery case not quite settling into the try. But like I said, I wanted to keep it there.
Attached Images

Last edited by m5m3mc; 12-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Appreciate 0