pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
lol blackm replyed! but its looks like its me since we have the same avatar

not sure if magnaflow would fit. that would require some jigging. dont want to deal with that.

my understanding was that the aftermarket headers shorten the exhaust tract. once in the first 2 O2s plug in but the 2nd set has no place to go. then when i go to install the cats the second set of O2s would plug up in them.

i didnt know this would require some wielding of the pipes or extending of the O2s. damn this is going to be a lot of work
LoL, I had no idea you had other replies!

But anyways, everything you need can be ordered from vibrant performance from adapter pipes to cats to sensor bungs. But I'd rather stick to magnaflow cats.

Proven to pass. I've heard stories with Random Tech cats where the CEL light still comes on.

But the headers should be a direct swap with the stock ones and they shouldnt alter the position of the pipes.

The only welding that's needed is to fit new cats into the exhaust as the stock system has the cats integrated into the headers.

Give a good shop the better part of a day to get it done for you.
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0