02-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #17
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
OK so I went out to lunch and as I started it at a light it stalled...and then I restarted it and it felt realllly slow. I parked, started it again and it still felt really slow. Then I got food and started it again (crossing my fingers that it would even start) and it starts up no problem and the light is no longer on and it drives fine again.

Sorry to hear this Nikki. At least you've got an appointment next Thurs. Is there any way to move that up? See if you can get it in sooner--call the service dept back and tell them the car is stalling and sluggish and non-responsive. See if they can get you in Monday.

Given the error code your gave us yesterday (injector control unit) something in the fuel/air system (injectors) is failing. Could be a lot of things--need a tech to track it down. It may have gone into limp mode as well (sluggish) to try and protect the engine.

Problems like these do not go away on their own and usually get worse. I would drive as a little as possible (if at all) in the meantime. It's not worth the risk of getting stranded or causing other secondary issues by continuing to drive it. Given the loaner issue (which I find mindboggling btw--don't these idiots think about future sales???) maybe you could say "<sigh>, wow, that's disappointing--is there any way you can be flexible on that...I was thinking about a new ____ in the next year or so, and, well, I'd really like to be able to work with you guys....??" or something along that line?
Appreciate 0