View Single Post
      08-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #706
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Cut-outs update

There is a silicone o-ring that seals these in when closed, that ripped on both sides and got in the way of them closing fully. Obviously it started sounding like shit. Thankfully the exhaust shop took the car in, cut off the protruding o-ring pieces that were around the valves, and even fitted a custom gasket on the 2 pieces that are bolted together on this kit. Now, they fully close again, and sound almost stock when closed.

When open, at full throttle, it is pretty raspy. BUT, I found that they sound really good at partial throttle, tooling around town. Has that exotic "hollow" sound to it that is very hard to get. I use open them 50% of the time I'm driving around. The most fun is to blast them open and rev the engine up when you're under a bridge, or surrounded by buildings which reflect the sound (coming out sideways on each side)

Overall I'd say this mod was worth it. Still waiting to hear from AEM about replacing my meth kit's controller box. I'd like to get that fixed before I hit the dyno again.

at the dyno, I'll do 4 runs:

1. no meth, exhaust closed
2. no meth, exhaust valves open
3. meth flowing, exhaust closed
4. meth flowing, exhaust open