View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #107
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
fr8t... what AFR should i be seeing with my vt2.... where shouldnt the gauge be reaching?? ive got a big event coming up soon which will involve some top speed runs and rrally want to know where the AFRs should be.....
Sorry guys..haven't been on the forum for awhile. AFR's will generally be high to mid 12's early and taper toward high 11's at peak torque which is around 6000rpm, around 11.9 -12 until 7500 and increasing to high 12's at redline. If you see much over 13 at redline I would be concerned. When you glance at the AFR gauge as you zip through through rpm band, a good number to see before shifting to next gear is mid 12's. One thing you need to consider is where your AFR's are being measured in relation to cats. If you have stock headers, you are most likely measuring post cat and that could give you a .5 higher reading then I described. If you have catless headers then you will be reading pre cat and those numbers will show closer to what I described. If you're seeing 11's-12's you are very safe, if you see 13 or higher at WOT...you got a problem. I think an egt gauge is a very good idea as well. Once you learn what egt's your car normally produces on a known good tune, it becomes very easy to recognize issues.