10-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Well these cars do have brake shoes in the rears. It is how the Parking brake functions. It is a drum brake. But that list looks pretty lengthy. Are there any independant BMW shops around you ?
Yep. Forgot about that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usurp View Post
Hey guys here are some answers:

- 74,500 miles
- All maintenance has been at dealership
- I can go to local garages but don't trust any
- I can put IKEA furniture together and have wired my Wranglers sound system but have no mechanical expertise

Now I asked dealer about Blower Unit since I was hoping it would be related to my AC since I actually was having issues with it but didn't bring it up now since summer is over anyway. He told me blower unit below air into the engine or something. I figured it was part of the air intake.

I don't have much options honestly, its either dealer or crappy garages down the street. No matter what I ask him he has vague answers which sucks. I think I should just email BMW Middle East and see if they can do anything about this.
I think you may have to go in through the engine compartment to replace the A/C blower. You could use Realoem.com to check the location. If the A/C blower was indeed faulty, then I'm ever so slightly less suspicious, as they're not making that one up.

I ran a few Google searches and SMG pump failure (going from D to N) seems to be a fairly common problem in SMG cars. It's not cheap to fix either. I'd do a bit more research on that, and look at what the average clutch life is for an SMG (75K doesn't seem great, but it's not bad either).

I'd search around a bit and see what other things could cause the symptoms you're describing. At this point, it could be the pump, the electronics, fluid, a short...this list goes on. But you're not the first I'm sure, and I'm sure there's a discussion out there that will give you more info if you search.

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-10-2010 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0