01-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #33
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddish View Post
Mirko I didn't realize you were up in the weather until just now! That video is enticing though that's a pretty serious idle.

I'm really surprised that you don't have any rasp with that setup, maybe its the cans :dunno: but most people who take of their resonators I believe report a decent amount of rasp. I was hoping to achieve that though the RE X-Pipe as well (just a smidgen) because right now I have zero rasp and have a desire for a tinge of it.

I'm terrified to go with something like the Diablos in due fact of the sound level but it may be something I'll have to continually investigate between the two. My mind is still blown that you don't have any rasp with no resonator. Maybe it's those awesome Stromung Cans?
The sound once warm is great, even cold its good but yes the idle on cold starts is a little loud. It does have a little of the M6 V10 tone to it once warm and around town. Overall its very deep though. I might not be hearing the rasp as I think of rasp being an e46 m3 with basically any exhaust. That sound of sawing a tree down. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can do a driving video to share the sound. We are expecting 15cm of snow tomorrow and I dont have anywhere to put it right now!!

If you want inside the cabin once warm up I can do that. Let me know.
Appreciate 0