View Single Post
      02-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #42
DZeckhausen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMZ432 View Post
As for why the brake sensor didn't go off until later, my fantastic tuner's best guess is that the inner pad was destructing far more quickly than the outer pad where the sensor is located.
Actually, the inboard pad is the one that gets the sensor. I'm guessing it didn't got off because you had tapered wear. But hard to know from so far away.

Quote:
So far the new CL endurance pads seem fine for the street. I had to put them straight on the new rotors because I don't have time to bed in before tomorrow's track day, and sintered pads don't require (and don't have) a transfer layer. They are actually far, far less noisey than the Hawk HPS (not hard to do!!) and don't feel like you're grinding rings into the rotors every time you brake. Tomorrow will be the real test, but so long as they work well on the track they just might be the perfect pad.
That's what I was hoping when I installed them in the StopTech Trophy brakes on my Corvette. And for a short while, other than clicking in the calipers when they were cold, they really were silent. But then they started squealing like crazy on the street and, after my first track event with them, never stopped being noisy. While they behave well, performance wise, on the street, they simply drove me crazy. Maybe you'll get lucky, but I didn't.

One thing the CL RC6E pads did amazingly well is bite instantly in the rain. Because they are sintered metal and porous, there is absolutely no delay. Let me tell you, THAT takes some getting used to. I had to retrain my muscle memory when heel/toe downshifting to avoid overbraking.

Here's a shot of me at New Hampshire International Speedway testing out the CL pads in the rain:

Beautiful photos of your car, by the way! Glad you "landed" safely at that last track event and actually had a car left to install the new Trophy brakes on. I don't think you'll be melting your caliper piston seals any more.