gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
The problem is there are no standalone ECU's with harness's designed for the Z4M ( trust me I have looked extensively) .Our harness is very different from the E46M3. So you need to buy an ECU and pay for a full custom harness to be made, as well as the tuning. Sure it can be done but you are looking at 10k minimum bc of labor.
George
I disagree. At the end of the day, it is just an s54. Remove the ecu and you can do anything you want to it. The ecu does not know what car it is in. Standalones have nothing to do with the other rolling up window or any of the other gadgets that are on a modern car.

AEM makes a unit. Andrew Lang, as well as many others, can wire it up for you in a day ($1000). http://store.langracing.com/aem-infi...gement-system/
Well VAC didn't think it was so simple , they essentially didn't want anything to do with the job, I asked a few months ago . You do have to hook up abs ,DSC sensors, various engine sensors etc and the harness and sensors are significantly different on the Z4M than the E46 M3 according to them( many more sensors bc if the more advanced ECU) . So while the new AEM infinity is plug and play on an E46 M3 S54 , it is useless in a Z4 M S54 without a custom harness . The AEM infinity can run the radio , nav etc which I would still want but the harness doesn't match up . I'm sure there are people that can figure it out but I seriously doubt it would be quick and easy by their response .
George
Appreciate 0