04-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #7
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Yellow View Post
That doesn't sound like throttle pedal to me.. but I could be wrong since Platteforme is reputable... in my opinion i would think it is spark plug, ignition coil, or fuel injectors since you already throttle position sensors.. did you check for fault codes?
Spark plugs are new, ignition coil I don't know yet, injectors dunno... Fault code was P1633 Throttle Adaptation. The code is what Platte Forme based their guess on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Yellow View Post
Oh and it could also be your battery is dying since you said your headlights fuck up which I assume they're fluttering? If you jump a car with a completely dead battery (not rechargeable) it will idle poorly and the lights will flutter, etc. The engine is basically trying to generate electricity to keep itself running
Battery is new. The light problem is hard to describe. Unrelated I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4msteve View Post
BMW has diagnostic software that compares voltage at each of the throttle position sensors and can tell you within about 5 minutes which one isn't working. This isn't a guesswork type of issue.
I didn't know that actually. The BMW dealer here in town can be a bit hard to work with. I bet that will cost me $200 at least for them to tell me that.

Thanks for all the help guys! It's arrived in the city, just waiting to pick it up til Monday.
Appreciate 0