12-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #42
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
Actually, under CPO, if another 3rd party works on your car, it does NOT void the warranty. So, with the problem still persisting, then the problem would still be covered under your CPO.

I would drop it off at the dealership with the following language:

Repair Services
While you may elect to use a non-approved repair facility for maintenance or repairs, BMW is not obligated to pay for any such repairs (even if covered under the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty). To obtain service under the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty, the vehicle must be delivered to an authorized BMW center. Moreover, the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty does not cover additional expenses related to a breakdown such as, but not limited to, car rental, lodging expenses, loss of pay or telephone charges, except as covered by BMW Roadside Assistance.

See, you had Problem A. You took it to a 3rd party repair facility and they could not diagnose/fix Problem A. You'll be out of the $2,000. But since Problem A still persists and wasn't a cause of the 3rd party repair facility, it should still be covered under CPO.

You don't have to bring your car to a BMW dealership to be covered under the CPO. But BMW doesn't have to pay for it if they don't want to. However, they're still under the obligation of the warranty even if you have covered repairs done by a 3rd party, they may just not pay for it.
Good stuff here. Obviously goes without saying "I was at the track when..." I'd give this a go.

SeanK raises a good point as well.
Appreciate 0