No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
Safe to say then the rear upper control arm spring perch reinforcement plate is unnecessary? I am running the spring on top of the OEM rubber mat, unlike some kits I've seen where the lower spring mount is directly bolted to the upper arm.

The rear upper shock mount reinforcement is easy to add, low weight.

The front shock upper reinforcement I suspect needs to be added. I looked at my perches from the top and can see the indent starting appear. I'm hoping the added thickness of the plate doesn't impact ride height - I'm at the end of spring adjustment on my KWs (yeah I have long springs I guess).

Assumption is mounting anything on the TOP of the front spring perch won't aid in reinforcement anyway?
The strut tower reinforcement plates are surprisingly thin, around 1mm or so. It surprised me how thin they were when I put mine on, but they seemed extremely sturdy.
Appreciate 0