Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapako View Post
how can you guys watch more than 15 seconds of this...this video sucks
As in vid quality or content? If content, all I have to say is that humor is a highly subjective thing and YMMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorestyle031 View Post
The sad thing is that there are people that are like this at track days, well people that wont point you by because they feel their car is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
+1. I got stuck behind a pair of guys in a 911 - passenger was filming their "epic awesome track day carnage" or whatever. There was a train of cars behind him after three laps, and I was first in line. Wouldn't point me by because my STi was apparently not fast enough to pass him.

Even though anecdotal lap times late suggested that I was 14 seconds faster per lap at 1:24. And I'm known as Captain Slow, so you can imagine how slow these two dudes were.

Now that I'm doing RWD, I'm bound to be slower. AWD spoiled me, but unlike SOME people, my point-by finger works just fine.
I've yet to encounter that as a track noob, but I can see how it would be very frustrating. In the events I've been to the organizers and flaggers are on top of this kind of thing--mandatory passing flags are put out w/o delay and people who don't let the pass happen are black flagged.

What do the event organizers say about this? Seems they should be on top of it to make sure everyone has a good day with their time on the track. Maybe Mr. Fancy Car/Slow Driver is in the wrong run group. Over in the track section Lucid and the Hack were discussing the pressures many organizations face to promote drivers along with the logistical pressures/challenges organizers face (e.g., too many in the slower groups, fewer in the faster groups, need to spread out the number of cars in the various groups), as well as connections/politics. Interesting discussion--here's the thread and the discussion that's relevant starts at post 16.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm in the noob group, and that's where I'll stay until my times and my instructor think I'm ready to be elsewhere...I'm not running slow and ruining more advanced driver's days so I'll stay put until I'm good and ready for my sake and the sake of other drivers.
Appreciate 0