Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
my shop said my rear is too light... what is my solution? softer spring only on rear? add a bag of rice? lol
that is why I might be ovwrsteering too much?
Is that with driver's weight in the car? If it is it looks like you've got about 200 lbs removed from the car. Time to look into removing about 80-85 lbs of weight from the FRONT of the car.

If it's done without driver's weight in the car, tell them to throw some weight equal to what you weight in the seat as positioned on how you would sit in the car, then redo the corner weight. It makes a huge difference since on this chassis the driver literally sits on top of the rear axle.

If you need to remove about 80 lbs of weight from the front, there are some areas you can look into. You can get about 10-15 lbs from rotors and calipers. Running staggered will save you as much as another 10. From there you'll have to get creative, stuff like engine cover, AC delete (if you want to go THAT extreme), and a slew of other parts (header? probably 5 lbs from a race header w/o cat?), again, depending on how extreme you want to get (or the rules of time trial).

What have you done in terms of weight removal to drop ~150 lbs on the frame?
that is with driver and half tank of gas
I don't have passenger seat... Maybe I'll put it back on... problem is I won't be able to take 4 tires in the car.

I have supersprint headers already and pfc bbk
i dont have sound in my car and I don't want to remove Ac... here is too hot on summer lol
I have also section 1, 2 and muffler race from SS
my rear is completly stripped with welded cage and a battery 11lbs of weight.
also have race steering wheel and no door panels.
that's pretty much it.
Its like almost impossible to remove weight from the front..... is it OK to remove the fan?

forgot to mention I also dont have windshield washer reservoir.

Last edited by AriuSen; 03-28-2016 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0