antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirOpsMgr View Post
John, I share your pain, I personally wonder if my car's previous owner just had a big heavy Breitling or Rolex watch worn on the right hand, or as you stated, pulled their seat-belt so far over that they hit the console.

I go on to wonder ..... how in GOD's name do you make that many knicks without realizing it and adjusting?!?!?! Was it because their dun-lop gut prevented normal buckling? Were they just retarded? Was it over-exaggeration of motion becuase they were PO'ed that day and thought they would take it out on the Z's seat-belt? To be fair, on mine, I'm talking about hundreds of little knicks, not just an occasional blemish .... it's like someone sat there with a mini jack-hammer .... but I digress, it did help me get another $500 off asking price once I pointed it out ....... and I apologize for my diatribe
LOL, no apology needed, I'm totally with you on this one. Luckily mine isn't in the "hundreds", but I bet if I actually tried to count them, it would be 30 to 40. I too wondered if this guy was a lefty and wore his watch on his right hand, or was a bling dude and his wrist chain continually whacked the trim. Most of the guys here say this is somewhat common, and the prevailing cause seems to be careless seatbelt buckling........................... just no excuse whatever the reason is.
Appreciate 0