03-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #45
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompatible View Post
-c-, another question for you. As an alternative, do you think it would be possible to mount a conventional battery sideways in the box (more towards the center-similar to picture), narrow the battery box, and go with a muffler which was smaller then the oe design? Maybe a 6-7" dia cylindrical without moving the charcoal cannister? Would it be possible to relocate the cannister to the center and leave the battery box in the floor if you were creative with the hose routing?
regurdless of what is done the canister has to be moved as its right in the way of things the battery may work sideways but its going to be tight. its possable to splice the tubing for the fuel canister and mount it wherever, as i had to do that with my scavange line as the "M" and "I" have different engines i had to use only the rear part of the line, so i cut both peices and then re-attatched the line so anything is possable in that reguard.

if you want dual exhaust your going to have to move that emission canister to the center of the car and then re-rout the lines where you can, if its tru as was stated ealier and the canister can be removed and just cap the lines with no ill effects then id go that route as it saves major headache.
Appreciate 0