08-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
I agree with you that there are easier ways to make power if that's all you want, but I just also want to reiterate that while the M cars are simply amazing for power delivery and handling, one can easily outperform it with other modifications that don't require everything the M has, such as the hydraulic steering and M differential. Leave the electric steering alone, get a quaiffe, KW coilovers are probably cheaper then the M suspension and offer significantly better handling and adjustibility. There's endless opportunities out there and there's no point in fearing what seems like a daunting task. Set a goal and aim to achieve it. It's all doable.

And with my own car, with my own goals, given time and money, I will have a Z4 that outperforms the M in every way possible. (Mind you I also set a budget so as NOT to exceed the price of a brand new Z4M.)
It takes more than Coilovers to make a Z4 suspension better than the M Coupe's. You may have a point with adjustability though... And the electric steering is crap, lets face it, you get almost no feedback from the road and there's the tramlining and maintanence issues.

I think the second part is a hell of a lofty goal. Unless you are doing all of your own labor, good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
As far as I can tell about the engine bay, its just the transmission tunnel that is larger on the M due to the larger tranny.
realoem.com

From the hood down you got lots different.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0