View Single Post
      11-17-2016, 04:04 AM   #4
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

When you've got one of the items on one of the digital busses hanging the bus or corrupting the data behavior is unpredictable, so loss of power isn't out of the question. When mine acted up the instant the lights came on in the instrument cluster it started running rough, had a very rough idle and felt a bit down on power even at lower rpm. The turn signals were erratic, the radio controls on the steering wheel were unresponsive, and even the controls on the face of the radio only had minimal control. There may have been more issues but I only had to drive the car a short distance from where the problem surfaced back to the dealer.

The local dealer was offering $79 oil changes and since that's almost the cost of the oil and filter to do it your self I jumped on it. I had left and was about a mile away and when I accelerated away from a traffic light the dashboard lit up. I had to go a mile or so to get turned around and back, but even in that short time you can see all the things I saw that had gone wonky. Normally I would have limped home and worked on it myself at least initially, but I was leaving on a ploanned 3K mile road trip the next day and needed the car fixed ASAP.