View Single Post
      02-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #11
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I have two supercharged Z4M's running stepped headers (SS V1 and CPI), so Z4M's can definitely be tuned for them. I know stepped headers are Supersprint's premier S54 product, Evolve is a Supersprint distributor, and Evolve is ESS's competitor. It's a business decision... they either don't want to tune for them because they pay someone else to do their tuning and they can't tune for them in house; or they can tune for them but don't want to support their competitor's product.

ESS is correct about the O2 sensor location. It just requires additional tuning. The power gains are very real.

Another option is the CPI stepped headers, which have given me great results.
Interesting. I actually did pick up a set of the CPI headers, installing them in a couple days. I was googling them like a madman, and your past posts about them were helpful

I'm not sure what to think about ESS at this point, both from what they say about stepped headers, and also 'sport button memory' which they also said wasn't available on this platform. Other tuners don't seem to have a problem getting those things done. Even if I can find a way around the CEL, I have a sinking feeling that the ESS tune won't be making as much power in this application as some of the TTFS examples I've seen, as it's optimized for euro headers

Sorry for theadjacking OP I'll shut up now