Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
It depends on whether you have an alpha-n tune (and have access to a dyno tuner), or if you plan to stick with a MAF-based tune. It also depends on how much money you're spending.

It's true that SS V1 makes good power over stock - somewhere around 35 hp on Euro, and 50 hp on North American cars according to vendor dynos. With FI the gains are higher. My G-Power supercharger setup is rated at 450 crank hp on a Euro car, but it's putting out closer to 500 hp with SS V1 headers/s-pipe based on my dynos on a 120k mile car.

ESS wouldn't tune my car for stepped headers, so if you want to go FI / carbon airbox, you will need a custom tune to extract the power.

Paying full MSRP for new SS V1 stepped headers + catted s-pipe + dyno tune, when you already have the Euro setup, isn't worth the extra power IMHO unless you're trying to squeeze everything out of this motor.

Your money would be better spent on an aftermarket s-pipe... either Supersprint catted, used DKF, or some sort of custom straight pipes with resonators or cats welded in. Your Euro s-pipe is worth decent money.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 1
FD3S69.50