03-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Thanks guys!

I had the chance to do a lot more research on this after last night and found a video of a battery swap on an E46 and saw that I'm just missing the plastic elbow that goes between the vent tube and the battery, which is apparently the same elbow shown in the realoem.com diagram mentioned in the link.

As mentioned in post #78 in the above link, realoem.com doesn't show that threee of the elbows are required on a Z4 MR. It's more confusing because it doesn't show an elbow between the tube and the grommet which made me think that the grommet was the part that connected to the battery. My parts guy made it a bit more confusing because he said that there's just one elbow, connected to the grommet going through the trunk floor. He ordered the elbow for me along with the positive battery terminal cover which is broken.

I remember seeing that thread in the past but I was only searching in the DIY forum!

Appreciate 0