Thread: Apex PS-7
View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #27
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

How about the company I used to work for contracted with HRE to make our wheels and I have a pretty good handle on the industry?

Most of these companies fight hard to protect their intellectual property. I know we did. If someone copied our design without our permission, IP lawyers would be all up their sses before it even hits the market.

The wheels we contracted HRE to design and produce for us, we ended up taking the same design to a different foundry for a cast wheel instead of the forged. Since we own the rights to the design there were zero protest from HRE eventhough it was based on an HRE design.

Eventhough my stint in the automotive aftermarket industry is relatively short, I did work for an industry giant and if I may be so modest, I know the inner workings better than your average joe.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0