View Single Post
      05-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetx2 View Post
sigh figured that much.> I can run wires to the speakers..but we have 10 speakers. Can we connect to the cross over..or is that built into the amp? It'd be awesome if we can do some sort of connection to harness and then intercept it at the amp and do some sort of conversion..
well the wiring actually goes from the headunit to the amp and then out the amp to the speakers. so the only way is to wire directly to the speakers (or to the wires that come out from the amp but that would be a further distance).

the way i have it setup is the door speakers and the rear speakers run off of the headunit and the floor speakers and tweeters have been changed and run off of an amp. before i put the amp in i was running just the 4 speakers off of the headunit and in my opinion, it actually sounded better than having all 10 speakers running off of the stock headunit/amp. so maybe you'd want to consider this option also. the bass wasnt as strong (obviously) but if you decide to add an amp you can add a small 8 inch sub which will easily provide more bass than the 2 - 6 1/2's behind the seats.
Appreciate 0