View Single Post
      03-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #42
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yeah, chill out a bit Reach. As far as I know this IS the off topic board for Z owners.
Fair point Hawkeye, and I've thought about that too. Basically there are 3 Z boards worth anything. maaaaaaybe 4 if you count z4-forum.com.

Its a pain in the ass that this board seems to be the shitting block for all the asshats out there who just want to post something for the sake of posting something. Seriously, I'm so sick of Dammmmit acting like a spoiled brat and ZGirl making bad decisions and screwing up her car that I shouldn't give a shit about here. But, this board does have that 'friendly' intangible feel that makes me want to try. Also, there really are a number of very, very good threads (especially z4um revival threads, DIYs, copied posts from other sources) for which I am glad this board is here. I learned a lot about the car when deciding to buy it from here, and I've enjoyed some of the posts since. I've even added my own content around stereo installs and little DIYs you can do.

Back to the 'topic' for a second, where does this leave us Z owners? I mean, you're left with too many places to go to get info.

Bimmerfest Z - good technical information, people like Ron Strygar hang out there, but there's only so much of that you can handle. People don't generally discuss the cars there as much as "how much are you paying for your M?". And "I got raped by the dealership". Not all of us have Ms and not all of us are elitist walking wallets. (don't take that the wrong way M owners. Many of you are fantastic people, I'm sure. But know this: I'm not jealous of your car and I'm happy with mine. Don't try to act like more money and HP makes you superior. It just makes your car faster and you spend faster.)

Bimmerforums Z - pretty terrible section actually, but the other sections there like Audio & Video and Wheels & Tires are better resources in those areas than anywhere else I've found for bimmers. So, I read the Z board out of habit / curiosity while I'm there. A fairly decent DIY section bolsters its cred.

and ZPost - honestly this site might have the best membership, but the worst posts. Thats what infuriates me. I know most of z4um that is still active is here (and not the other sites). If you people could just get back to making quality posts, this could become the de-facto Z board. But its the constant whining that makes me want to go hang my hat elsewhere and never look at you again.

Now, if I'm a prospective forum poster and I'm looking around at the boards now to decide which one to join, I sure as hell don't join this one when I see threads like this and "linkin park" on the first page.

There, now I've gone off-topic (no topic) for you.
Appreciate 0