07-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

Top Speed in a car.

Disclaimer: I am not a NASCAR fan so don't judge me:

So I went to Kentucky Motor Speedway this morning with a group of friends and family, one of us to drive and the rest to do ride-alongs in a stock car. They told us the top speed was around 160 mph. Unfortunately it started raining the first lap of my ride (I was last) so the driver may not have hit that speed before returning to "the pit". However, I'm pretty sure he ran out of gears before he slowed down so we had to be pretty close to top speed. I wasn't charged and I may go back tomorrow for another try.

Now I once rode with a friend that had an e46 and he claimed that we were doing 160. If felt pretty fast but not "oh-my-god" fast. Everyone that I've talked to that has done the Nascar thing told me it was shit-your-pants-fast but it didn't feel anywhere near that to me. This includes my dad and my brother, who I know have gone at least 160 in their Z06s. Is there a certain speed you reach as a passenger when you feel like you're going to dirty your britches? And what is the fastest you've ever driven a car?
Appreciate 0