View Single Post
      05-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

What is going on with our cars? Values seem to be going way up?

Hi,

I'm just curious, has anyone noticed how much our cars have increased in value the past 6 months? As well, are any sellers actually getting these prices or is it just wishful thinking?

For instance, 6 months ago the blue book on my ///M with 42k miles on it was $22k. Now, with 50k miles on it the same blue book is $26.5k! Trade-in value also went up roughly $4k. I've noticed that the asking amounts on ebay/autotrader have risen considerably as well.

I actually couldn't believe when I saw how cheap our cars were going for 6 months ago, it made absolutely no sense to me. It looks like they're valued correctly right now, but I'm wondering if anybody is actually getting these prices for their cars when they sell them?

Is it just inflation showing it's head due to our wonderful leaders printing money, or perhaps due to the cash for clunkers monstrosity that took so many good used cars off the market? Anybody really know?

I'd be happy, but the only car I'd really think of replacing my Z4M with is a newer M3, and boy have those gone up in value the past 6 months as well!!
Appreciate 0