View Single Post
      09-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #31
Eson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast View Post
I agree, if you track the car at all go this route. A couple of weeks ago I was trying to get one more track day in before going in for a major set up upgrades and at the end of our first day noticed a dramatic loss of power on my last run. Thank god we did not run into a catastrophic failure, but this is never the way you want to go home like this

We originally thought it was the Vanos and had already planned to upgrade it add a TTC 300 Hub with the cams after the event. Once we got everything finished the top end of the motor, we noticed some additional sounds in the bottom and checked the rod bearings and sure enough we slug one and the crank facing your same issue.

After weighing all the options, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to go with 3.4 Stroker kit. After speaking with both Lang Racing and VAC, I have decided to go with the Lang Racing kit.

At the end of the day you should be looking at about 13k with labor, new oil pump and all the other additional parts. I look at a number of other options and even with a rebuild, You are still looking at 9 to 10k, I just went with this option. I think we will probably end up at 425hp once we finish.

I will also be adding the Evolve CSL Airbox, upgrading the clutch and flywheel as well.
With locality, warranty, and reliability being forefront, I opted for a Dinan built motor. No stroker, but bored to a 3.3L, 12.1:1, CP pistons, Carillo rods, Schrick cams, etc etc and said to make 410-415 to the stock crank on a conservative tune.

That said, I have only heard positive things about Lang. He was friendly and knowledgeable in the numerous times we've spoken and will highly recommend him to those in SoCal. My only hesitation was the distance, lesser warranty, and Dinan is in my backyard. VAC on the other hand... I've been told to run. Countless times. From multiple unrelated sources.
Appreciate 2
yousefnjr6159.00
Arsonism158.00