09-22-2017, 12:40 AM   #28
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eson View Post
They told me to kick rocks and that their opinion (entirely disregarding my explanation + PICTURES + referrals, etc) was superior to Dinan's - and that they essentially excuse themselves from all blame or defect. My battle with them is far from over, so I'll update as it progresses.
Interesting. So pictures, explanation, and an industry expert who looked for other causes of failure, plus the concept of "what changed" didn't open even a door to "it could be possible"? What changed were headers, less than 100 miles. Accounting for the post hoc fallacy potential, we ask "what else is stainless steel in the intake or exhaust path that could have been found its way into a cylinder?" Nothing besides the weld from the header. Apply Occam's Razor, bam, we get the same result.

I get the competition angle for them potentially with Dinan (but for you given location who better to rebuild), and maybe a bit of defensiveness as a result. Was there any discussion of what would be required to make a claim they would look at and perhaps help with? What's the process? What are the requirements? If that's clear then you actually could check off the boxes I think. If not, how can you know what's need to prove a claim?

Issues happen, the unforeseen happens, and those need to be addressed. This is actually a chance for a company to shine. How a company behaves when things go wrong is a true measure of a company.

I hope your battle goes well and this gets cleared up. Maybe next spring we should meet up at Thunderhill and celebrate the car's rebirth!
Appreciate 2
gds52886.00
Vanne1620.50