AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
Alex,

I enjoyed watching your latest laps, and I'm glad to see that you've still got insanely fast reaction times and car control!

Having said all that, it strikes me that you still have too much rear roll stiffness compared to the front. It looked like you had to tiptoe through the corners to keep the back end in line. With better balance, I think you would have reeled in the white car ahead of you in short order.

One of the great things about a Z4 is that you sit right ahead of the rear axle, so you can feel oversteer almost instantly when it starts. The expression "driving by the seat of your pants" has been around a long time, and it's fun to see it in action!

One more thought: with the speeds you're attaining, it wouldn't be a bad idea to install a roll cage. Just in case!

Rick

Hi Rick,
Thank you for your comments again....my car has half cage so far, but as I plan on doing time attack and wheel to wheel maybe next year, I might get full cage.
About the car, yea....its hard to explain....I know that most of the craziness in the video was due to my driving style and not the car.
Like there is this turn called bus stop, that I put in the video a lot of wheel correction and I know that if I want to beat my laptime, I need to be at least at 90mph there, and I might try next time braking earlier and going on gas before apex

I tried few times changing my driving style....brake early as many here said and go on gas earlier, but its weird...my car even going 265 square, the front lifts so much, that i get too much understeer if i go on gas too early.(maybe front rebound is too soft)

I think inTgr8r was right about spring rates. Saw him reply someone that the lower the spring rates, the less difference you want between front and rear....maybe car would be better if I had 400/500, but opted for 400/550. Why?? Because I am putting a front sway bar (actually tomorrow ) so I was scared that if I went 400/500, my car would have mass understeer with the sway bar, and I chose to take my risk having more oversteer than understeer.

I will track again this saturday...its actually at night, so it will be an amazing experience at streets of willow in willow springs.....its a very technical and tight circuit, so I will definitely be able to give a lot of insight of the car with sway bar now =)

Thank you for your comments again.....and please any criticism tips etc from anyone, is super welcome!.....no grudges or anything
I am preparing myself for some racing next year so the more the better
many of my friends they make fun of me a lot about some car control lol

Last edited by AriuSen; 08-17-2016 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0