antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam_82 View Post
antennahead, do you have pics of how these pieces fit on your car? how do they look after installed. they do look like decent quality products and well priced. pretty keen on getting them.
They fit exactly like the factory mirrors. The shell is an OEM shell that is covered in real CF, therefore the fit is the same, only the look is different. Quality wise, one of my mirrors is good, one has flaws under the clear. Tekarbon has a 7 day return policy. I was busy at work when mine arrived, and I didn't install them until the weekend, at night in my garage. I didn't notice the passenger side mirror flaws until a few weeks had passed and the car was parked in direct sunlight. Tekarbon would not swap it out for me, they offered to have me take it off and mail if back to them, and they would sand it and reclear. This would involve me taking off the mirror and replacing the original mirror to drive the car, then take that off when the mirror came back and reinstalling the refinished mirror. This was a lot of work to me. If you've removed and replaced these mirrors, it's not a 10 minute job, at least not the first time. I offered to just buy a single mirror, and then ship the blemished mirror back for refund, they declined. Personally, if they were going to refinish it to new, I didn't see the difference, other than saving me the time of installing the old mirror in the interim. The moral of this story: If you buy from them, make sure you inspect the mirrors very well and if you are unhappy with any blemishes, contact them and arrange to return the blem immediately. The warranty is one week.

John
Appreciate 0