10-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #121
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Valves adjustment, Oil, Windshield to be changed... and a full inspection.
Rotors will change next tracking season I think.
Alignment will be done at a specialty shop near my place.

Where is your event this Friday? I liked the DTC60. Like I have said, they have lasted a total of 6 days... My braking technique is "very hard and for a very short distance"... I don't use nannies and I don't keep my foot on the brakes for any other reason than to brake hard.
So i did like them but wanted to try these performance friction 06. Same feel after 2 days.
The HT10s are still the most intense set I have tried with no room to modulate pressure from my foot.

I gather you use "racing" or some kind of high performance braking fluid...
Sorry, missed on the reply. I was at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows CA.

Almost no one on the track that day! (This was before the DTC60s--don't have video from the Friday I mentioned.)

I like the DTC60s. Relatively easy to modulate, and a big improvement in stopping power compared to the Stoptech Street performance pads. Running stainless lines and ATE type 200 brake fluid (fresh before track days). Braking is on, hard, get it done, then very smooth release. Lots of room for improvement of course!

Agree about the HT10s. Friend of mine, and experienced racer, were out with his Z4M and the HT10s, and he was having the issues you describe. They're more like an on/off switch with no room for modulation.
Appreciate 0