Thread: HPDE musings
View Single Post
      07-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #12
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Just came back from Calabogie. Kinda hot and sweaty on Saturday but was overcast Sunday so the temps went back under 30 degrees celcius. Great group of people.
Nothing special on track, apart from a few Porsches, a Viper Coupe, Hondas, Audis, Minis, Mustangs, Subarus Stis, and a multitude of BMWs. Lots of Ms.

I was signed off early Saturday to go solo. So there's another milestone passed.

Day two went very well. I realized that most in the intermediate group also had improved greatly from day one. Harder to catch up and pass the high HP cars.

Lots of different lines were taken by the group. Nice to try them out and find the one that suits me the best. I even caught myself powersliding through the series of turns at the Quarry. Temptation is still iffy. Jacques & Gilles, The Brow and the Quarry Complex are down pat.

Last session, I did three flying laps to then cool down and quit early since fatigue was present.

I'm looking forward to doing more Calabogie next year. This track has a lot of complex turns (off-Camber, late Apex, early-apex, Blinds, diminishing radius etc. Makes me like LCMT even more for the freedom and speed you can achieve. Both great tracks.
Appreciate 0