02-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
I live in one of the nicer neighborhoods in Omaha, near Warren Buffett's childhood home. I think it gave me a false sense of security, especially since the mornings are particular quiet and that morning I did not see a single soul on the street even when I walked my dog.

The thieves of course are very crafty and are able to monitor what you do without your knowledge. Based on this experience I will never purchase another car without an alarm and the ability to track it in case of theft, and I will never leave a key in the car unless I am in it.

a freind of mine bought a car and the dealer installed a lojack in it and charged him 650 bucks and i never heard him bitch more about something, long story short, his car was stolen pulled the card and reported it, they cought the theif and 3 other stolen cars about to be dismantled.

after that he could kiss the company. no harm to his car except for some cosmetic stuff that was fixed. he is running the viper smart start now where he can turn the car off and on from anywhere, as well as track it with his Iphone.

good luck man on getting her back. even if you get it replaced the thief has taken something from you, that is far more important and thats your sence of security. the moment they steal from your house it changes things......
Appreciate 0