02-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #66
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Ti Silver Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
I,ve been trying like crazy to do the update but I havent been able to, how do I extract the file using iso??? also i have a 2007 m coupe and it doesnt have split screen. can someone help by posting simple instructions please.... thanks
Mounting/opening the ISO is relatively easy, it's making changes to it that gets a little trickier.....

If you just want to make a copy of the update ISO without any changes you can simply burn an image onto a CD. On the mac you can do this with Disk Utility. Just open Disk Utility, click on the "Burn" icon, select the ISO image when it asks, and finally put a blank CD in the drive. For windows you might need another tool such as ultraISO (or Nero as also suggested).

If you are wanting to make changes to the navboot file before you make the CD, then your options are a little more limited and is a windows only task. I use ultraISO to mount and extract the navboot file. You can also mount the image and extract the file on a mac, but the next steps are definitely windows only. You use the navtweak program to delve into the navboot file and customize it for your needs (new splash screen, different icons, etc) and then write the updated navboot back to the image via ultraISO, save it and burn as described above.

The details on what and where to edit are listed throughout this thread, but the first post covers most of it. There isn't much documentation on what's going on inside the navboot file, so it takes a strong nerve and a little experimentation to make changes and apply them to your car to see what happens. One hint is to make sure you burn the CD at the slowest speed your drive allows to make it "easier" for your car to read it.

The standard disclaimer applies that you do this at your own risk and it is possible to screw up your NAV which will require a trip to the dealer to fix. $$$

As mentioned previously, the split screen should be a standard option you can find under settings on the main menu of your display.