04-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I'm rockin' a beige Hyundai Elantra right now, hopefully only for a day but at least it was complimentary. It's terribly frightening to drive LOL. I feel like I'm going to break it. The steering is so loose and it feels like it's going to float off the road. It's actually rather comical, I was laughing the whole way to work this morning wondering how people drive these things. It is pretty cute though.
When I travel I often find myself in some little econobox like this. It is frightening to drive one, the last time I was on the freeways in L.A. in one of these the vague streeing was so bad the car was all over the road and the back end was so light that I felt it twitching the entire time. And the thing was so thin/tin that if anything had happened I'm sure I would have been dead. I was very happy to get back home and get in my beater--a 16 year old Integra GSR that was a 10x better car. Makes you appreciate the Z4M that much more when you've been in one of those little death traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
So that was quick. Got a call back from the SA and car is ready. There was a piece of plastic wedged in there that was preventing the belt from fastening. They managed to pry it out and also did an oil change for me. Weird, since I just brought my car in there a couple weeks ago and was told that despite the car saying it needed oil, the key said that it did not, so I wasn't approved for an oil change. This SA told me both are saying they're due so I'm like "OK, cool, do it then" LOL. So I'm going to pick it up at lunch. Can't wait.
I'm glad this is fixed, and the whole "key thing" is rather maddening isn't it? At least you had to take it back anyway, so no harm done, and you get more bang for your dealer visit.
Appreciate 0