08-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #125
mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
The AEM will kill a cylinder randomly rather than close throttle, which will reduce torque but keep boost pressure up. Works real similar to the Racelogic system I use on my Supra, but still have to test if the AEM is "as good".

I did upgrade to 506lb front / 762lb rear springs. Keep in mind this is the 3.0si, which already has a weaker rear sway than the z4m. (22.5mm for the M, 19mm for the 3.0si w/Msuspension). Still, I'll consider detaching it. I also don't have the LSD, thus many variables here that are not typical from most M owners.

Thanks for the tip!
My pleasure! Precious little information on the net about tracking these fun little beasts.

You're totally right that the open diff will definitely behave differently than the LSD, but at the end of the day (or just past the apex, I suppose), if you have more traction because both tires are able to maintain contact with the track, you'll get more drive out of the corner with any diff. The LSD will help maintain traction at higher throttle openings because it'll distribute the torque better - the open diff will want to spin up the inside tire, as you know - but LSD == open as long as you aren't spinning the tires.
Appreciate 0