02-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
If you go to the full thread linked above, if that is really a BMW code list, it sure does appear to be a real code in the list.....them telling you it's not a code, well, turn on the skeptical switch.....I'd be concerned at the least about them getting it right. Never hurts to question....
Exactly (blue added for emphasis), the code does exist. If you just look at post 2 from the original link you'd miss it. But in post 2 it's there. I looked at some other sources too: here and here and here the code is the same: injector control unit.

Nikki, it sucks, but I wouldn't accept this answer. I not chance anything that might result in engine damage. If this is an injector control issue that could mean the engine might run lean under load (which is a very very bad idea). I don't know enough about the injector control unit to understand how much risk there is, but if it's controlling injector duty (and hence impacts AFR) I wouldn't mess with it. At the very least I would drive ultra conservatively under low throttle and low revs.

Last edited by Finnegan; 02-03-2011 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0