View Single Post
      02-13-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
Sounds like it's just a matter of testing and seeing what size works. So it's a trade off between body roll and lateral grip to a certain extent? Don't some RWD guys run with no RSB to give them more grip in the rear at the expense of increased body roll?

And I should have mentioned, I have different wheels/tires. 245/40/18x9 up front and 275/35/18x10 in the rear. Tires are BFG Rival. I should have gotten a square setup but am worried about the limited amount of tire that can be fit up front.
I was running Rivals at the start of the season due to back order on RS-3s.
There were a number of people in the local autocross groups forced into the same thing, and all of us have gone back to the Hankooks. If you get the Rivals hot enough, they're really good on concrete surfaces. I don't know anyone who's tried them on asphalt that's been truly happy with them. If you get them too hot they go away rapidly. I'm running 255/35 x 18 Hankook RS-3 up front and same size as you in the rear, also RS-3's. I think I could fit 275's up front with a 5 mm spacer. I've got my 275 Rivals still and I might experiment with this at some point. I'd be stuffing them onto some 8" rims to stay legal for SCCA, and I'm looking at then getting them shaved flat to get as much tread area as possible.