View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loogey Clapp View Post
Rick, another excellent adventure. Darn it. This time you caught me at work, but I couldn't quit reading. I loved "The Castle" (let me know when you live there!) and several of the other old mansions. Also, do you know how many years it has been since I listened to Hot Tuna!! One question, when you do your HDR 3 photos, what range of F-Stops are you using? Is it -1, 0, +1 or a little more extreme? Thank you so much and looking forward to an autographed copy of "your book" when it's available.
LC,

Glad you enjoyed the story, and I hope you didn't get into any trouble at work!

Regarding Hot Tuna, they've had several new albums in recent years, and I've enjoyed hearing them at concerts. It's amazing enough what Jorma can do on an accoustic guitar, but it's even more mind-blowing when Jack repeats the same lick on the bass!

For my HDR photos, I use ± 2 stops (which seems to be the most commonly recommended range). The overexposed shot captures the shadow detail pretty well, and ditto for the underexposed shot with the sky and other highlight detail. Here's an example, from one of my favorite pictures from the Ohio trip. (Somehow the ugly road sign disappeared in the process, too… )

If you haven't already done so, check out the Photomatix Pro tutorials at HDR Software.

Rick

PS: If and when I ever publish a book of these reports, you'll get the first signed copy!
Appreciate 0