View Single Post
      02-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Rated M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB Z4MC

Active Autowerke Tune Purchase Process (help)

Hey Guys,

I need some insight here... I spoke with Active Autowerke yesterday in regards to thier E85/6 S54 Tune they have available. I talked to a sales person that was very polite, but wasn't very knowledgable about the specifics of the tune (which is totally understandable). I was transfered to their "head engineer" who really did sound like he knew what he was talking about, however I wanted to bounce some things off of you guys before I move further with his requests.

I have recently picked myself up a BEAUTIFUL pair of OEM Euro Headers from StarScream . I am still trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my exhaust, but that is a whole other conversation in itself.

Anyway, I live in Minnesota where we have no smog/emissions checks at all, so naturally, I would like to run a catless setup with my MC. So, I asked Active's head Engineer if it was possible to completely shut off the Rear o2 sensors as well as shut off the EGT sensor. He stated that it is possible to shut off the rear o2 sensors with certain versions of the ECU, while other versions it is impossible.

So then it gets to his request, he would like me to go out and unplug both rear o2 sensors AND the EGT sensor, then drive the car around untill I throw both codes. He then wants me to take it to someone who can read specific BMW codes to write them down and send them off to him. This will allow him to dig into my ECU once I send it to them to locate the exact process that throws the code in an attempt to shut it off.

Does this seem logical to you guys? I almost feel as if I am being the guinea pig for them so they will know the exact process to turn off the o2's in the future.

Can someone provide me some insight?