View Single Post
      06-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #8
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
Dumb question, but how do you have remote start on a standard transmission? Do you keep it parked in neutral and hope/pray that the parking brake never fails?
Yes, essentially this. I've had remote start on manual transmissions vehicles most of my life. If I'm parked on enough of an incline that I'd be worried about the parking brake, then I leave it in gear and don't activate the remote start. As far as the parking brake failing, I can't say I've run across that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenna4978 View Post
A few questions....cost to get it done? What company did you use? Where is it located? Company contact info? Would you be able to code out the tpms dash light? Thanks. Located not too far from you in Chicago, Illinois.
McKenna
The cost was $200, which included a refundable $45 deposit for the coding cable that was shipped to me. I decided just to keep the cable for the future. The company is www.codemycar.com. They didn't have any TPMS related coding on their list that I recall, but you could always ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E86Z View Post
Did you do it remotely or on-site?

I had no idea triple blink was a possibility
The coding was done remotely through VM while I was on the phone with the guy. Very smooth process, he was very efficient.

Yeah, the triple blink is pretty nifty. A nice little convenience feature.
Appreciate 0