View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Dubbedown
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
It's definitely easier to set up an M3 for that track than an Z4MC. Parts for the M3 are plentiful from various manufacturers, and people have been racing them for years so they are well developed. The M Coupe has some carry over from that development, but lots of things are just slightly different so things are less straightforward.

I'm at the point with my car where I'd really like to get seats, harnesses and a half cage, but fitting all that in the Z4MC (and doing it with seats I'll fit in) will be much more difficult than in an M3. Add to that my desire to not cut up the interior panels to try an preserve some resale value (trying to make sure my changes are reversible) and you understand why I would recommend an M3.

If I had it to do over, I'd probably get an M3 for about half of what I paid for my Z4MC and I wouldn't feel bad about stripping it, caging it, etc.
You can kiss resale value once you put in a cage regardless of stripped interior or not. I'd only keep it just because of personal taste/preference, sorta has that Porsche factory feel.
Appreciate 0