11-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandysV10 View Post
Hey Frank,

Certainly understand, hard to fit in as much track time as we would all like, it's just so addictive. Will definately hit you up on the Solo, getting tired of just video with no data and the setup you came up with looks like a great solution.

Randy
Give Jamie a call at (877) 639-9648 and see if he can get one to you in time for the upcoming event. You could literally hook it up and get it configured in less than an hour.

Also, AiM supports the M5/M6 ECU as well--it would just mean buying a second cable (or having one built--it's a Binder 711 7-pin connector and the pin-out is in the Solo manual) and you could use it in the other car, too. You'd need to do a quick re-configure of the ECU protocol n the Solo when swapping between cars, but that's just a couple mouse clicks with the Solo connected to your laptop.

It occurred to me that we can simply stick these in instructor cars when doing ride-alongs (obviously, functioning in basic mode since they won't like us splicing into their ECU wiring!), and we'lll get lots of great instructional data to compare with ours. I like my CD slot mount, but I'll get a suction cup mount too, for when the instructor is driving a race car without a stereo in it.

If you get a Solo and need to shortcut the install on the E86, or the configuration, give me a call. I also have a good track map built for VIR Full with the corners accurately identified, which will save you some time. (This last will make sense once you start using RaceStudio...)

I'll PM you my cell number.

Frank
Appreciate 0