12-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #37
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
If I was only getting one of the codes I would not have a problem thinking one might have gotten damaged but both? I hope they don't try to feed me that line. I can say that after sending an email and PM, I have had zero response. I am calling them today.
I get the same rear cat inefficiency codes as well as one saying my rear O2s are swapped (which they are not). ESS told me that it was an installation error or I needed to contact the header manufacture.

When I first talked to them they said the rear header location was likely the problem and that Euro Headers was what their tune was recommended for. I questioned this as the Euro headers don't have rear O2s and they must be added, so how could the position be accurately compared if that were the case ?

In the end I've swallowed my pride and resorted to using my scanner tool to clear the code whenever i'm sick of staring at the light. As far as performance, I did notice some gain with the headers of course, but my butt dyno didn't notice anything additional with the tune and I've never bothered to throw her on my dynojet to confirm that.
Appreciate 0