View Single Post
      11-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1275
I am wondering if any others on the forum have had similar experience??? This happened 4x this past weekend at Road Atlanta on a track day. It has happened 3x total over the past 6mos on track days--so the 4 episodes this weekend much worse. So what happens is that when under load, power will be lost and I will coast to a halt. When I put in clutch the engine dies out. All electrical systems seem okay with no fading or pulse. The car will then immediately start right up and run fine until the next time. This has happened under full throttle, high rpms, and most occasions high g load. I have no codes coming up other than the emissions sensors which have been up since I pulled my cats off. This also didn't happen until I added the ESS tune (?coincidence). My best bet is a fuel delivery problem with either the filter or fuel pump (gas tank has been full when this occurred). I don't drive the car much on the road but cannot duplicate under normal driving. My plan is to replace fuel filter and then if this fails the fuel pump. Any other ideas would be much appreciated? thanks, jon
You are experiencing the ECU going into a safe mode which can happen for multiple reasons . It is not fuel starvation , especially if you are NA with a full tank . The most common reason in both a NA and FI car is temp related , both water and oil temps can cause it . In FI cars we also have a problem with the ECU seeing boost in the vacuum system . What are your oil and water temps on track ? I'd figure that out first .
George
Appreciate 0