View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #29
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
You're the one that's not getting it. Please re-read my posts and don't assume that because I can google I'm not understanding the material. Air-to-air is more efficient and results in lower charge temperature (unless you use ice water), if you don't get why you didn't read my posts or don't grok physics. Yes you have a little bit of boost loss, but it's made up by the lower charge temperature.
Wait, my last post didn't argue any of your statements. You had no idea that an air to water system had a radiator to recirculate, or that an air to air system loses boost through piping. But I'm not getting it? Either way, I don't think we can decide which is better without side by side testing in identical conditions. I need to put a pre and post intercooler IAT sensors and see what mine will be...

Also txz4, BMW uses coolant/distilled water in their air to water systems; water is the best fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Water has a higher heat capacity than air, and the ability to absorb heat as well. That's why it's in our radiators.
For me it's the TQ numbers that make this unit a winner, provided it can be verified.
I'm also waiting for the dyno sheet. G power's kit is rated at 450 hp and 340 tq at the crank, so I'm calling BS that IronZ made 345 tq to the wheels... hopefully I'm wrong.

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 0